- 1 cup gluten free medium grind cornmeal (I use bob’s red mill)
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (can use vanilla almond milk if you like sweeter cornbread)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled (or use vegan butter)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners. I always spray the inside of the liners to ensure the muffins do not stick!
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: cornmeal, oat flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: almond milk, apple cider vinegar, eggs and honey. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir with a spoon until just combined. Finally stir in the melted butter. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin liners.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Serve warm with a pat of butter and a drizzle of honey! Makes 12 muffins.