It’s especially important to take care of our bodies right now. One way we can do that is by creating the strongest immune system possible. A simple way to strengthen our immune system is to eat more veggies! Vegetables are rich with nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, and water that boost our immune function. Let’s face it, we could all use an immunity boost right about now. We all know we are supposed to eat more veggies but how do we actually put that into practice? Here are a few tips to help ensure you eat your veggies:
- Try adding 1 vegetable to every meal. Here are some ideas on how to sneak in those veggies:
- Throw some spinach or leafy greens in your smoothie. It may turn your smoothie green but I promise you won’t even taste the spinach 😉
- Cut up your favorite veggies and add them to your eggs.
- Try our September recipe, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip ZUCCHINI Baked Oatmeal
- Eat a salad! They don’t have to be boring. You can add anything to a salad. Try adding apples, nuts, or cheese to make it more exciting.
- Try snacking on veggies with hummus or greek yogurt Ranch dip for extra protein. Pick a day to chop up veggies so you’re ready to go for the week. Or buy veggies that are ready to eat.
- Experiment with veggie noodles. Who doesn’t love pasta?? Pasta can be just as good with zucchini or carrot veggie noodles. Pair that with a delicious sauce and protein. You won’t even miss those regular noodles. Still not sold? Try half regular noodles and half veggie noodles.
- Check out frozen veggies. They’re just as nutritious as fresh veggies and can make eating veggies easier. Grab a bag from the freezer and steam them for a quick side.
- Try a veggie delivery subscription. This will challenge you to try vegetables that you normally wouldn’t buy on your own.
- Drink your veggies. You can’t beat a smoothie. It’s simple to pack in a lot of veggies. Add your favorite fruit and protein to it as well. Delicious!
- Make a veggie soup. With fall right around the corner, we can start enjoying all those yummy soups. Try adding extra canned veggies to chili.
- Meatless Mondays. Try to have a few meatless meals every week. This will challenge you to find more veggie recipes. Who knows, you might find a new favorite!
- Sneak veggies into sauces. Try adding chopped veggies to your favorite sauces. You’ll hardly notice they’re there.
And there you have it. 8 ways to add more veggies into your diet. Experiment and find what works best for your lifestyle and then create those new habits. Once you start choosing veggie chips over processed potato chips, you’ll see how much better your body and mind feels. It will get easier and easier to pick the healthier options. Plus, your immune system will thank you!