Prep Time: 15 MINS
Cook Time: 30 MINS
Total Time: 45 MINS
- 1/2 cup natural drippy peanut butter (creamy or chunky will work)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini that’s been squeezed of excess moisture
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan with coconut oil or generously spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add in peanut butter, maple syrup, egg, vanilla and almond milk. Whisk together until well combined and no large lumps of peanut butter remain.
- Fold in oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Fold in shredded zucchini that’s been squeezed of excess moisture, and mini chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and make sure oatmeal is evenly spread out. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes until barely golden brown on top and oatmeal is set.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then cut into 6 servings and enjoy with almond milk or extra peanut butter on top.