Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Calories 435 kcal
- 4 cups sweet potatoes peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp. salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. pepper to taste
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil optional
- 8 corn tortillas
- ½ cup cheese Monterrey Jack
- Cilantro finely chopped
- In a large skillet place olive oil and sweet potatoes. Cover skillet and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Continue cooking over medium heat for 12-15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are cooked through.
- Optional: In a separate skillet over medium heat, add one tablespoon coconut oil and 2-3 tortillas. Heat up tortillas for 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove tortillas and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- For serving, fill each tortilla with 2 tablespoons black beans and equal amounts of the sweet potato/onion mixture. Top with cheese and cilantro and enjoy!