- ½ tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced or diced
- 1 medium (2 pound) butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 5-6 cups diced)
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated turmeric (or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups organic low sodium vegetarian broth
- 1 cup green or brown lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 2 tablespoons all natural creamy peanut butter or cashew butter
- ¾ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups organic spinach
- Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker except the spinach.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- After, take about 3 cups and blend in your blender.
- Add the 3 cups back to your slow cooker along with the 3 cups of spinach.
- Stir for a couple minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is extra tasty with peanuts or hot sauce!